Braised Duck in Ginger and Dark Soy Sauce
This is one of the many recipes that is passed down from the Wonderwoman mum. This is also the dish that will have my sister and I fighting over the dinner table for the last piece. Super easy to make and yet full of flavours. Good things goes to those who wait. So, be patient and you will be rewarded with a tender and flavoursome duck after an hour or two of braising.
Ingredients:
1 duck chopped into pieces
1 whole piece ginger, julienned
3 tablespoons thick dark soy sauce
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
4 cups water
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon cooking oil
Method:
Heat cooking oil in big pot or wok. Fry ginger till golden brown.
Add in 4 cups of water, duck, dark and light soy sauce. Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for about 1.5 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Turn off the heat when the duck is tender, sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar over it and mix well.
Follow me on Facebook
Popular Posts
-
I give in to desire and temptation easily, and today's dish was no exception. While strolling down the aisle at the supermarket today...
-
Chye Buey is the ideal dish to clean out all the food in the fridge left behind from the Lunar New Year celebrations. Roasted duck, roas...
-
My philosophy for food: The higher the cholesterol, the better it tastes. This was until I started gaining that extra few pounds a year a...
-
Easy, simple meals are what's occupying my dinner table these days. After a long day at work, I'm lucky to be left with the last ...
-
Steaming is my kind of 'thing'. Especially when it comes to seafood. Friends are usually not surprised to see me gobble up an e...
-
I often have the weirdest craving at the weirdest hour. This was last night. I desperately wanted some Japanese cheesecake, at 10pm. By t...