Braised Duck in Ginger and Dark Soy Sauce
This is one of the many recipes that is passed down from the Wonderwoman mum. This is also the dish that will have my sister and I fighting over the dinner table for the last piece. Super easy to make and yet full of flavours. Good things goes to those who wait. So, be patient and you will be rewarded with a tender and flavoursome duck after an hour or two of braising.
Ingredients:
1 duck chopped into pieces
1 whole piece ginger, julienned
3 tablespoons thick dark soy sauce
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
4 cups water
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon cooking oil
Method:
Heat cooking oil in big pot or wok. Fry ginger till golden brown.
Add in 4 cups of water, duck, dark and light soy sauce. Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for about 1.5 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Turn off the heat when the duck is tender, sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar over it and mix well.
Follow me on Facebook
Popular Posts
-
Garlic sprouts are crunchy, super sweet and I especially love it when it's lightly stir-fried. In this recipe, I've added some dr...
-
This super simple recipe is something that was passed down from my mother when I was barely 10 years old. Yes, I started cooking really y...
-
I often have the weirdest craving at the weirdest hour. This was last night. I desperately wanted some Japanese cheesecake, at 10pm. By t...
-
Marmite is one of my favourite ingredients and I have no idea how else to finish up that bottle other than with toast, marmite chicken or...
-
Poached Spinach in Chicken Broth is probably one of the top sellers in most Cantonese restaurants. I clearly remembered how I got hold of...
-
The supermarkets never sell winter melon in smaller cuts and I'll always be left with nothing less than a huge chunk of it after cook...