Steamed Egg with Clams 蛤蜊蒸蛋
As peculiar as this may seem for us Singaporeans, this is apparently a very common dish in Taiwan. 'Infused' with the juices from the clams, the steamed egg is naturally flavoured by the 'seafoody' taste and is definitely not something that you will wanna try if you are not a fan of that sweet, sea clamly taste. Then again, playing a little adventurous at times will bring certain surprises in your kitchen too.
Serves 2
Ingredients:
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 tablespoon light soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 cup water
1 thumb sized ginger, sliced
1 tablespoon chinese rice wine
200g clams, soaked in water for at least an hour
1 stalk spring onion, chopped (optional)
Method:
Bring a pot of water to pot with the sliced ginger and 1 tablespoon of chinese rice wine. Add in the pre-soaked clams and remove them the moment the shells are opened.
Mix in a separate bowl, 2 eggs, 1/2 tablespoon of light soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of ground white pepper, 1 teaspoon of sesame oil and 1/2 cup of water. Pour into a plate with depth and place the clams on top of it.
Bring the steamer to boil. Add in the prepared egg mixure with clams and steamed on medium heat for 8 minutes or until the egg is set. Garnish with some chopped spring onion, if desired.
Follow me on Facebook
Popular Posts
-
Garlic sprouts are crunchy, super sweet and I especially love it when it's lightly stir-fried. In this recipe, I've added some dr...
-
The supermarkets never sell winter melon in smaller cuts and I'll always be left with nothing less than a huge chunk of it after cook...
-
Marmite is one of my favourite ingredients and I have no idea how else to finish up that bottle other than with toast, marmite chicken or...
-
This super simple recipe is something that was passed down from my mother when I was barely 10 years old. Yes, I started cooking really y...
-
Anyeonghasayo! All thanks to my recent obsession with the Korean culture, I found my kitchen fully stocked with a good variety of Korea...
-
My sincerest apologies for the delay in the recipe posts! Yours truly just simply needed a well-deserved holiday break before I rejoin the...