Tomato and Cheese Panini


I have to clarify that this sandwich tastes MUCH better than it looks here. Pardon me for my poor photography, but I'm no professional anyway. Unbelievably easy, I made this for breakfast one morning and decided that I just HAD to share this recipe even though the pictures looked horrendous. The easiest way to do this is to ensure that you've got a good nice herb foccacia. A good bread already ensures that the sandwich will taste superb nonetheless. I used the common packet cheddar cheese here but please feel free to substitute it with gruyere or any of your favourite cheese.

Ingredients:

1 individual portion                         foccacia bread (you can also substitute it with a cabiatta instead)
1                                                    tomato, sliced thinly
2 pieces                                         cheese

Method:

Heat a grill or a frying pan on medium heat.

Sliced the bread lengthwise and place the cheese and sliced tomato evenly in it.

Place the bread with the filling on the grill or pan and press it down, using the bottom of another clean pan. The trick to a panini is to ensure that the bread is compressed enough. Fry for a good 2 to 3 minutes and repeat on the other side.

There, here's a panini for you!


Follow me on Facebook

Popular Posts