Steamed Chicken with D.O.M and Red Dates




I've been receiving comments recently about my rosy cheeks. I used to look pretty pale, if not for my superb make up skills. These days, I've gained a hint of pink on my face that I actually look ok without having any make up on. This new found glow, I have to credit all the tonic soups and nourishing food that I've been feeding the Hub and myself these recent months. I know that they say that certain food are meant for women only but I guess a little won't harm the man either. I've done extensive research and found out that certain supposedly 'women herbs' are actually beneficial to men too. I am still a little cautious and only fed the man a third of my portion instead. (It is a relatively good excuse to look better than him). Here is one of these recipes which uses D.O.M. benedictine, a herbal liqueur which is known for its nourishing properties. You can also drink this straight up, after mixing with a little warm water.


Ingredients:

1/2                          Chicken, chopped into pieces (I actually used 3 chicken wings instead)
5 large                    Red dates, pitted and cut into pieces
1 tablespoon           Wolfberries, rinsed
3                             Chinese mushroom, soaked and cut into small pieces
1/2 teaspoon           Salt
1 tablespoon           Sesame oil
3 tablespoons          D.O.M. Benedictine

Method:

Mix chicken with salt and arrange on a steaming plate. Scatter red dates, wolfberries and Chinese mushroom on top. Drizzle a tablespoon of sesame oil and 3 tablespoons of D.O.M over the dish. Steamed over medium heat for 20 minutes.


Follow me on Facebook

Popular Posts