Easy Peasy Steamed Minced Pork with Shrimp Paste


This super simple recipe is something that was passed down from my mother when I was barely 10 years old. Yes, I started cooking really young and have been doing so since then. My parents were both super busy with their businesses so my mother 'invented' super easy recipes for me to cook for my brother and myself then. The finished dish is a juicy, flavourful meat pie that is so simple that I can't count the number of people I've fed this with.

Ingredients:

300g                 minced pork
2 tablespoons   water
1/2 tablespoon  shrimp paste

Method:

Add 2 tablespoons of water to the minced meat and mix with hand till the water is absorbed by the meat.

Mix in 1/2 tablespoon of shrimp paste (I use the bottled one from Lee Kum Kee. If you are using traditional shrimp paste from Hong Kong, reduce it to 1/4 tablespoon instead.) evenly.

Steam on high heat for 10 to 13 minutes.



Follow me on Facebook

Popular Posts