My Favourite Eggs Benedict
I have a long standing crush on Eggs Benedict. After taking my first bite 10 years ago, I have never once stopped searching for places offering this creamy savory dish. Eating the dish itself is divinelicious, making it however, is a real test of your culinary skills.
Sadly, one egg was lost during the process of making this dish. The key is not just about using fresh eggs. As much as you would like to add a touch of your magic hand by stirring the egg or shaping the egg, the best option I find, is simply to let it cook by itself. When it's ready, you just need to gently lift it out of the water with a slotted spoon and let the egg do its job. Tedious process? Yes. But the immense satisfaction of having an almost perfect poached egg? It is worth every trouble. Happy poaching!
Serves 2
Ingredients (Hollandaise sauce):
2 egg yolk
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup butter, melted
pinch cayenne pepper
pinch salt
Method:
Whisk egg yolk and lemon juice in a bowl until thickened. Place the bowl above a pot of hot water (barely simmering, not boiling water). The bottom of the bowl should not touch the hot water. Whisk rapidly.
Drizzle in the melted butter while you continue to whisk. The sauce should be thickened and doubled in size. Season with cayenne pepper and salt. Keep aside at a warm place until ready to use.
Ingredients:
2 English muffin, sliced into halves
4 Canadian bacon (you can replace this with ham if you prefer)
4 fresh eggs
1 tbsp white vinegar
Method:
Brown bacon and toast muffin on heated pan. Set aside.
Bring a pot of water to boil and add in 1 tablespoon of vinegar. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Add the eggs into the pot, one at a time and allow to cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove gently with slotted spoon.
Place eggs over the cooked bacon and muffin, and top with Hollandaise Sauce.
Follow me on Facebook
Popular Posts
-
Garlic sprouts are crunchy, super sweet and I especially love it when it's lightly stir-fried. In this recipe, I've added some dr...
-
This super simple recipe is something that was passed down from my mother when I was barely 10 years old. Yes, I started cooking really y...
-
I often have the weirdest craving at the weirdest hour. This was last night. I desperately wanted some Japanese cheesecake, at 10pm. By t...
-
The supermarkets never sell winter melon in smaller cuts and I'll always be left with nothing less than a huge chunk of it after cook...
-
Marmite is one of my favourite ingredients and I have no idea how else to finish up that bottle other than with toast, marmite chicken or...
-
I've recently acquired the much acclaimed double-sided Happy Call Pan from Korea and couldn't wait to try it out. The verdict: I...