SoCal Chorizo Potatoes


I had a great summer at Southern California last year and one of my favourite moments was visiting the Venice Beach at Los Angeles. I remember having their famous 'Venice Potatoes' at the sidewalk cafe. They were crispy on the exterior, soft inside with an intense smoked paprika taste. It wasn't until I visited an American brunch restaurant in Hong Kong that I realised the original name of the dish: Chorizo Potatoes. Needless to say, it was an absolute favourite in SoCal.

Serves 2
Ingredients:

2          medium potatoes, sliced thinly
1          chorizo sausage, sliced thinly
1          small onion, sliced thinly
1 tsp    paprika
            salt and pepper
4          eggs

Method:

Heat a pan and add in the sliced chorizo. Fry the chorizo till it releases its paprika flavoured orange oil. Add in the onions, potatoes and seasonings.

Arrange the chorizo on top of the potatoes and onions and press down hard with the spatula. Cook till all the potatoes have soften and crisp up.

Serve with two fried sunny side-ups per person.



Follow me on Facebook

Popular Posts