Mum's Teochew Steamed Fish


I'm sure you are pretty much aware of my ongoing affair with steamed fish. This particular recipe from my mum is so good that I always finish up every last drop of its soup.  With the addition of silken tofu which you don't usually find in steamed fish, this dish has been in many instances, became the only course of food on my table.  I am confident that you will love this as much as I do.

Ingredients:

1 whole            fresh fish, gutted
1 block             silken tofu, cut into smaller pieces
1/2 head           salted mustard, soaked for 10 minutes and cut into smaller pieces
5 slices             old ginger
3                        preserved salted plum
1                        medium tomato, quartered


Method:

Bring the water in the steamer to a boil. Place a piece of the ginger into the cavity of the fish. Place fish on a plate and scatter all the ingredients around and on top of the fish.

Steamed on high heat for 10 to 15 minutes depending on the size of your fish.



Follow me on Facebook

Popular Posts