Mum's Soya Chicken Wings


This is one of the first few recipes that I picked up from my Mum when I was young. Younger. Unfortunately I haven't been cooking this dish for ages until recently when my fridge was pathetically empty. I thank God that I still had a small packet of frozen chicken wings in the freezer compartment! 5 ingredients is all you need and trust me, you will start stocking up on frozen chicken wings for this.

Serves 2
Ingredients:

4                           chicken wings
6 cloves                garlic, peeled
3 tablespoons       dark soy sauce
2 tablespoons       light soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon      white sugar

Method:

Place 6 cloves of peeled whole garlic in a small pot big enough to hold the chicken wings.

Place the wings on top of the garlic and add in 3 tablespoons of dark soy sauce and 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce.

Cover with lid and place on stove on low heat. Open the lid after 5 minutes and give the wings a stir, ensuring that that the wings are evenly coated with the sauce. The wings will release some of its juices when it's cooking and if the liquid dries up slightly, pour in 1/2 cup of water and continue simmering over the stove.

Remove from heat after 7-10 minutes and mix in 1/2 tablespoons of white sugar. Remove the wings from the pot and discard the garlic. Serve hot.


Follow me on Facebook

Popular Posts