Kimchi Fried Rice
Kimchi Fried Rice just sounds like the ideal way of getting rid of the two big boxes of kimchi that have been sitting in the refrigerator for the past couple of months. Just in case you wonder, these were handmade by yours truly during my trip to Korea back in September. I've read somewhere online that sour kimchi made for a better fried rice but sour or not, this still tasted pretty neat I must say.
Serves 2
Ingredients:
2 cups cooked rice, overnight and left in the refrigerator covered
1/2 cup kimchi, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons cooking oil
2 fresh eggs
1 teaspoon light soy sauce
2 stalk green onion, chopped
pinch sea salt
Method:
Heat the wok on medium high heat with 2 tablespoons of cooking oil. Saute the onions with a pinch of salt till it turns translucent.
Add in the minced garlic and fry till fragrant.
Stir in the chopped kimchi and fry for about 3 minutes.
Add in the rice and 1 teaspoon of light soy sauce. Break the rice using the back of your spatula and fry on high heat for about 5 minutes.
Turn off the heat and mix in the chopped green onions.
Serve with a sunny side up per person, mixing the runny yolk into the rice while eating.
Follow me on Facebook
Popular Posts
-
Garlic sprouts are crunchy, super sweet and I especially love it when it's lightly stir-fried. In this recipe, I've added some dr...
-
This super simple recipe is something that was passed down from my mother when I was barely 10 years old. Yes, I started cooking really y...
-
I often have the weirdest craving at the weirdest hour. This was last night. I desperately wanted some Japanese cheesecake, at 10pm. By t...
-
The supermarkets never sell winter melon in smaller cuts and I'll always be left with nothing less than a huge chunk of it after cook...
-
Marmite is one of my favourite ingredients and I have no idea how else to finish up that bottle other than with toast, marmite chicken or...
-
I've recently acquired the much acclaimed double-sided Happy Call Pan from Korea and couldn't wait to try it out. The verdict: I...
