Steamed Tofu with Dried Shrimp and Shallot


I'm kinda on a diet these days. Don't mock me. I just thought that it would be good to shed a couple of pounds to fit better into my clothes. Besides, I've always love tofu. Be it in a soup or stir-fry or ... in the form of a cheesecake. 

Ingredients:
1 piece                           silken tofu
1 stalk                            scallion, chopped
2 tablespoon                   dried shrimp, soaked and drain
3 pieces                          shallot, sliced thinly
1 tablespoon                   light soy sauce
1 teaspoon                      sugar
1 tablespoon                   cooking oil 

Method:

Steam the tofu on high heat for about 3 to 4 minutes. 

In a separate saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil on medium high heat. Add in the pre-soaked dried shrimp and fry for about 2 minutes. Add in the sliced shallot and fry until golden brown. 

Mix in 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of sugar and 2 tablespoon of the water that was used for soaking the dried shrimp. Mix quickly and turn off the heat. 

Spoon the mixture over the steamed tofu and top with chopped scallion. 




Follow me on Facebook

Popular Posts