Fried Kangkong with Shrimp Paste


Instead of frying KangKong with sambal belachan the local way (simply because I ran out of sambal belachan), I cooked a similar version using shrimp paste instead. According to a recent cooking program that I've watched on television, this is apparently the Taiwanese way of cooking this dish. For those who can't take heat, do reduce the usage of chilli padis accordingly. I don't think I'll need to emphasize on the simplicity of this dish, ever.

Ingredients:

1 bunch                    kangkong, washed and cut into 4 inches long
2 cloves                    garlic, minced
1 teaspoon               shrimp paste
6                              chilli padi, sliced
1 tablespoon            cooking oil
2 tablespoons           water

Method:

Heat a wok on high heat with 1 tablespoon of cooking oil. Add in the minced garlic and fry until fragrant.

Add in the sliced chilli padi, 1 teaspoon of shrimp paste and fry lightly for about 20 seconds. Add in the washed Kang Kong, 2 tablespoons of water and mix evenly. Cover with lid for about a minute.

Dish out and serve.






Follow me on Facebook

Popular Posts