Chinese Peanut Congee
Have been feeling under the weather recently due to the lack of sleep and probably the lack of vitamins too. Nothing makes me feel better than a bowl of comforting congee. I haven't been to the supermarket recently so the challenge is to cook up a bowl of flavoursome congee using only dried ingredients in the fridge.
Ingredients:
1 bowl rice
5 large dried oysters or 8 small/medium ones
5 large dried scallops or 8 small/medium ones
1/2 cup peanut
1 inch old ginger shredded
Method:
Rinse and soak the rice, dried oysters and dried scallops for 30minutes to 1 hour.
Rinse the peanuts and boil them in water while you soak the abovementioned ingredients.
Add all ingredients together with 1 litre of water and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer for another 2 hours, adding more water when necessary. Season with salt before serving.
Follow me on Facebook
Popular Posts
-
I give in to desire and temptation easily, and today's dish was no exception. While strolling down the aisle at the supermarket today...
-
Garlic sprouts are crunchy, super sweet and I especially love it when it's lightly stir-fried. In this recipe, I've added some dr...
-
Steaming is my kind of 'thing'. Especially when it comes to seafood. Friends are usually not surprised to see me gobble up an e...
-
This super simple recipe is something that was passed down from my mother when I was barely 10 years old. Yes, I started cooking really y...
-
I love a bowl of piping hot soup. Be it a cream based western soup or a clear chinese broth, I am a slurping devotee no less. I am not C...
-
I can never resist those cold, appetite whetting 唐心蛋 commonly found in Shanghainese restaurants and often wondered how they managed to ma...