Spanish Orange Chicken
This is one of the first few recipes that I have tried from Nigella Lawson. A one-pan dish that is easy and mess-free, you'll be surprised on how little ingredients were used for this dish. Aromatic and flavoursome, this is a definite must-try given how simple this is. Her recipe serves 6 but I've tweaked it down to 2 instead. How often do we have 6 people in the house anyway? I've also cut down on the steps a little so that it's a lot easier to make. Remember though, to preheat your oven while you prepare the ingredients. Halo Espanol!
Serves 2
Ingredients:
2 chicken leg (bone-in)
1 tablespoon olive oil
11/2 chorizo sausages, cut into 1 inch thick
6 baby potatoes, halved (or 2 normal sized potatoes, quartered)
1 mediu red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 orange, zest grated
Method:
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius. Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil onto a roasting pan and rub the chicken leg in the oil, then turn them skin side up.
Scatter the chorizo and potatoes in the pan evenly. Sprinkle the chopped onions and oregano and grate the orange zest over the dish.
Cook in the oven for 1 hour, basting the chicken with the juices during the cooking process.
Follow me on Facebook
Popular Posts
-
Garlic sprouts are crunchy, super sweet and I especially love it when it's lightly stir-fried. In this recipe, I've added some dr...
-
The supermarkets never sell winter melon in smaller cuts and I'll always be left with nothing less than a huge chunk of it after cook...
-
Marmite is one of my favourite ingredients and I have no idea how else to finish up that bottle other than with toast, marmite chicken or...
-
This super simple recipe is something that was passed down from my mother when I was barely 10 years old. Yes, I started cooking really y...
-
Anyeonghasayo! All thanks to my recent obsession with the Korean culture, I found my kitchen fully stocked with a good variety of Korea...
-
My sincerest apologies for the delay in the recipe posts! Yours truly just simply needed a well-deserved holiday break before I rejoin the...
