SoCal Chorizo Potatoes
I had a great summer at Southern California last year and one of my favourite moments was visiting the Venice Beach at Los Angeles. I remember having their famous 'Venice Potatoes' at the sidewalk cafe. They were crispy on the exterior, soft inside with an intense smoked paprika taste. It wasn't until I visited an American brunch restaurant in Hong Kong that I realised the original name of the dish: Chorizo Potatoes. Needless to say, it was an absolute favourite in SoCal.
Serves 2
Ingredients:
2 medium potatoes, sliced thinly
1 chorizo sausage, sliced thinly
1 small onion, sliced thinly
1 tsp paprika
salt and pepper
4 eggs
Method:
Heat a pan and add in the sliced chorizo. Fry the chorizo till it releases its paprika flavoured orange oil. Add in the onions, potatoes and seasonings.
Arrange the chorizo on top of the potatoes and onions and press down hard with the spatula. Cook till all the potatoes have soften and crisp up.
Serve with two fried sunny side-ups per person.
Follow me on Facebook
Popular Posts
-
I give in to desire and temptation easily, and today's dish was no exception. While strolling down the aisle at the supermarket today...
-
Anyeonghasayo! All thanks to my recent obsession with the Korean culture, I found my kitchen fully stocked with a good variety of Korea...
-
My sister recently gifted me a packet of dried fettuccine pasta which she lugged back all the way from Italy. Instead of turning to my ...
-
I've cooked this dish several times and posted the picture more than once on my social media platforms. What I've not done i...
-
I love air frying my chicken wings because the skin always turned out crispy and the meat tender and juicy. I don't know how the ho...
-
My sincerest apologies for the long hiatus. Work has been crazy hectic, I do not even wish to start talking about it here now. Let's ...